This program is a 2 week program that takes place every Monday-Saturday over the course of 2 weeks in the spring. During this program we collaborate and partner with local community organizations/schools, and affiliates to offer daily interactive educational, creative and fun sessions. Each themed day depends on the partnership and their expertise. Youth participants get the opportunity to network, connect, and learn from a variety of professionals and each other. During Ubuntu Week, we also seek to host our international/Domestic partners who participate.
To bridge cultural bridges. To promote ubuntu, to connect our community
to and with each other, as well as with our international/domestic partners, to provide youth participants with an opportunity to gain tools and resources from community partners.
How do we meet our goal
- By creating an intimate, educational, fun and personal experience for all participants.
- By working with our collaborators, partners and affiliates domestically and
- Each day consist of 6 to 8 hours of learning, fun, and community building
- We coordinate housing, transportation, meals and experiences for our international
- 10+ educational workshops, 5+ activities
The value of this program
- Youth leaders strengthen their understanding of cultural similarities and differences
- Youth leaders gain a broader perspective and worldview
- Youth participants get connected to community resources
- Youth participants build, expand their network