This program is a 2 week program that takes place in spring. During this program we collaborate and partner with local community organizations/schools, and affiliates to offer daily interactive educational, creative and fun sessions. Youth participants get the opportunity to network, connect, and learn from a variety of professionals and each other. During Ubuntu Week, we also seek to host our international/Domestic partners who participate.
To bridge cultural bridges. To promote ubuntu, to connect our community
to and with each other, as well as with our international/domestic partners, to provide youth participants with an opportunity to gain tools and resources from community partners.
How do we meet our goal
- By creating an intimate, educational, fun and personal experience for all participants.
- By working with our collaborators, partners and affiliates domestically and
- Each day consist of 6 to 8 hours of learning, fun, and community building
- We coordinate housing, transportation, meals and experiences for our international
- 10+ educational workshops, 5+ activities
The value of this program
- Youth leaders strengthen their understanding of cultural similarities and differences
- Youth leaders gain a broader perspective and worldview
- Youth participants get connected to community resources
- Youth participants build, expand their network