Cultural Exploration & Education Program
A Leadership Journey offers several programs to BIPOC youth ages 13-18 including our Cultural Education and Exploration Program which presents a unique opportunity for BIPOC youth to study abroad for free.
CULTURAL EDUCATION AND EXPLORATION PROGRAM (CEEP)
As you participate in our ELP program, you can apply to participate in our CEEP program. The Cultural Education and Exploration program is an opportunity for youth to participate in cultural learning for free in another country and/or state for 2 weeks.
CEEP provides equitable access to international and domestic travel, where participants engage in hands on cultural exchanges led by their peers, lead small/large group discussions, as well as cultivate relationships with their peers.
Youth can also expect to experience the following:
- Participate in domestic and international travel experiences.
- Engage in immersive cultural exchange activities.
- Engage in cross cultural youth led discussions and activities.
- Implement learning into an independent research project.
- Visit universities and cultural spaces.
CEEP is an incredible opportunity for youth to participate in cultural education in another country and/or state for free. This is a 2-week overnight program.
Our unique cultural education program aims to provide equitable access to international and domestic travel, where participants engage in hands on cultural and educational exchanges for 2 weeks.
We seek to inspire youth to leave with a stronger understanding of cultural similarities and differences, a historical understanding of said location, and the social and/or racial challenges youth and communities of the diaspora face.
HOW DO WE MEET OUR GOAL?
- We partner with local schools, universities, and organizations.
- Youth leaders facilitate and participate in small and large group discussions that lead to the cultural education our mission promotes.
- Youth leaders learn from each other by having similar conversations with their international/domestic peers. These conversations allow us to practice and implement Ubuntu while gaining broader perspective.
- Youth leaders facilitate and participate in cultural exchange activities that allow us to practice and implement Ubuntu.
THE VALUE OF THIS PROGRAM
- Access to international and domestic educational travel for free.
- Youth leaders develop a strong college application or post high school resume with 4 to 5 years' worth of portfolio work and research.
- Youth leaders become social and racial justice advocates while becoming more civically engaged, self-aware, self-assured, and self-confident.
- Youth leaders see the value of global citizenship while beginning to lead and practice Ubuntu.
- Youth leaders strengthen skills including public speaking, facilitation, analytics/critical thinking skills, and research skills.
- Youth leaders strengthen their understanding of cultural similarities and differences and gain a broader perspective and worldview.
- Youth leaders emotionally break down personal barriers and put their emotional well-being into perspective.